CARI has had enough………….
Trafficking women and children for sexual exploitation is the fastest growing criminal enterprise in the world. This, despite the fact international law and the laws of 134 countries criminalize sex trafficking.
Child trafficking can occur when children are abducted from the streets, sold into sexual slavery and forced marriage by relatives, or in any place where traffickers, pimps and recruiters prey upon a child’s vulnerabilities. Poverty is the pre-condition that makes it easier for traffickers to operate.
The greatest factor in promoting child sex trafficking and child sexual exploitation is the demand for younger and younger victims worldwide. This demand comes from the mostly male buyers who become the customers in the growing global sex industry.
Some shocking facts that you didn’t know;
• At least 20.9 million adults and children are bought and sold worldwide into commercial sexual servitude, forced labor and bonded labor.
• About 2 million children are exploited every year in the global commercial sex trade.
• Almost 6 in 10 identified trafficking survivors were trafficked for sexual exploitation.
• Women and girls make up 98% of victims of trafficking for sexual exploitation.
• In some cases, children as young as eight years old are forced to work as prostitutes.
• An enslaved child may be raped between five and ten times per night.
• The transaction may be for as little as $5 each time. However, the first time a child is sold, the price may rise as high as $200.
• When a child is forced into a brothel, her name is typically replaced with a number — further stripping her of her humanity.
• Child brothels will sometimes print up a menu for men to look at, complete with pictures and prices — as if each child were a piece of meat.
• On average, two children are sold every minute.
• By some estimates, as many as 27 million people are currently enslaved around the world. This “hidden” problem is larger than many of us can imagine.
• The International Labor Organization estimated that forced labor generates $32 billion in profits worldwide.
• An estimated 30,000 victims of sex trafficking die each year from abuse, disease, torture, and neglect. Eighty percent of those sold into sexual slavery are under 24, and some are as young as six years old.
• Over 71% of trafficked children show suicidal tendencies.
• Sex traffickers use a variety of ways to “condition” their victims, including subjecting them to starvation, rape, gang rape, physical abuse, beating, confinement, threats of violence toward the victim and victim’s family, forced drug use, and shame.
• Family members in poor areas will often sell children and other family members into slavery; the younger the victim, the more money the trafficker receives.
Sex trafficking is a human rights violation!
“They forced me to sleep with as many as 50 customers a day. I had to give [the pimp] all my money. If I did not [earn a set amount] they punished me by removing my clothes and beating me with a stick until I fainted, electrocuting me, cutting me.”
-Kolab, sex trafficking survivor from Cambodia
Seeing some of the children we have rescued from Human Trafficking in the past, we can tell you this is something very close to all our operatives hearts to try and help more children escape their nightmares. CARI can’t sit still any longer and do part time rescues when we are asked too assist. So, CARI is happy to announce we will be dedicating a team of professionals to be proactive in the help to combat this horrific crime on a full time basis.
CARI has seen far too many innocent children who need help, that people and governments are turning a blind eye too.
CARI will be working in covert operations with local authorities and non-government organizations in some major hot spots around the world. Part of our operations will be to assist police to have the traffickers and pimps of these children prosecuted.
In the coming months CARI will announce some very big and exciting news, that is going to help CARI rescue more and more children who have been trafficked for sex, with the help of YOU. Stay tuned………..
Thank you, from all the team at CARI.